[TowerTalk] Rplacement stud bolt

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rplacement stud bolt
From: Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 23:00:57 -0500
I think the general reflector population ought to know that U.S. Tower
redesigned the hole position in the 555 base several years ago, which is why
the new base won't fit on the bolts (so Jan informs me.) This certainly will
cause problems for anyone needing to replace the base due to damage or
corrosion.

I wonder if it would be safest and least expensive to have a really good
welding shop fabricate an entirely new base to the old specifications? The
part doesn't look very complicated and they could use the new base as a
template and just move the bolt hole accordingly. Of course, that brings up
the question of why U.S. Tower moved the hole in the first place. If it was
for safety reasons, that idea is out and some sort of replacement bolt
arrangement would seem to be the only solution.

73, Dick, WC1M