[TowerTalk] Ground Radial Fields

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ground Radial Fields
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 06:35:19 -1000

>HI, Does anyone have any field strength data, re the lowering
>of radiation angle in a given direction if extra radials are concentrated
in
>that direction.

Hi,  I believe the radial field "density" will not impact the take
off angle.  That is established several wavelengths on out
from the antenna.  The radial field is there to improve the
efficiency  of performance,  that is,  RF to the antenna
set up from the rig vs.  the RF energy actually radiated
and not lost in resistive heating of the dirt below,  hi.

73,  Jim,  KH7M