[TowerTalk] Hard-line question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hard-line question
From: shane@icu2.net (Shane KI4M/KV4I)
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 02:22:34 +0100
        Since the buried hard-line question is the hot topic could someone tell
me
what substance that Andrews uses on their direct burial hard-line. I think
it is pine rosin but this doesn't seem appropriate to me. It is the same
color as rosin and almost as sticky. I have come across an old AM broadcast
phased array and they used direct burial hard-line. There is about 800-1000'
of 7/8" and around 400' of 1-5/8" foam there. Just waiting for me to get it
hihi. Also there are four tower base meshes that are each 15'X 15' or so of
finely woven pure soft drawn. Got to get that up to. Just need to find out
what good copper is selling for these days in my area. Anyhow I would
appreciate any help provided even though this is only a non-technical
matter. Just got off tower a few minutes ago. Put up all M2 VHF/UHF array if
you will. 6M7,2M18XXX,432-19WL. Now if I can just get time to tune those
tunable 7/8" connectors and get the dehydrator on the line hihi. 73 and
tnx......

73 de
Shane KI4M/KV4I EM95AQ Primary 2M operator for KV4I
shane@icu2.net <mailto:shane@icu2.net>
ki4m@arrl.net <mailto:ki4m@arrl.net>
cbrcrazy@geocities.com <mailto:cbrcrazy@geocities.com>