[TowerTalk] Force 12 rotating 40 meter Dipoles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 rotating 40 meter Dipoles
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 15:51:46 -1000
Hi again,

Someone,  whose mail I must have deleted,  asked the other day how well
my F-12 EF140S dipole worked,  added onto the boom of the C3.

Well,  it is the best 40 meter antenna I have ever had!  That is why
I am working so hard to get it to work well again,   hi.  Mine is the
shortened version,  37 feet end to end of the elements,  with linear
resonant frequency,  plus a small coil at the feedpoint to set
the resulting unit as close to 1:1 vswr as possible.  I am certain
it is better than any other 40 wire dipole,  inverted v,  or  my present
40 meter vertical.  Of course,  it would be nice to have a reflector
element (and even add a director to that),  but in my situation that
is not going to be possible.  I believe the rotating 40 dipole is
just fine for me.  BTW,  with a tuner,  it works fine on 30 meters
also.

73,   Jim,  KH7M
On the Garden Island of Kauai