[TowerTalk] Re: Gin pole loading

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Gin pole loading
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 01:30:49 -0700
Hi Gary,

Well, I hate to say this, but I don't fully agree with your analysis of the
system you
diagramed.  I do agree that the down pull tension will only have to be 100#,
but it
won't reduce the load on the gin pole since you have TWO strands of rope on the
down
pull side with 100#  tension in each one, both pulling down.  This means the
single
rope above them will have the original 200# tension in it and therefore, the
gin pole
still sees 400#.

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com