[TowerTalk] Ground Rods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ground Rods
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 17:45:30 -1000
Hi from Kauai,

Would like to know a source and price for the few feet long
ground rods used for RF grounds outside the shack.  Are
they solid copper,  copper clad something,  or what?  And
are they commonly available at major electrical supply
houses,  such as might be found over in Honolulu?  I
believe I would like to obtain a few;  lacking good RF
ground in our volcanic,  very low conductivity soil may
be part of the problem I am having getting up and running
again.  Suppose they could come out here UPS if any
are available in 4 foot lengths,  or by barge from Honolulu
if only available at 8 foot length.

Thanks for any help.

73,  Jim,  KH7M