[TowerTalk] Fiberglass guys (again)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fiberglass guys (again)
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 11:23:23 -0400
After a lot of mulling and checking resources such as K7NV's excellent web
site, I've concluded that pultruded fibreglass guy rod of the appropriate
specification represents the best way for me to refit my tower in
preparation for stacking a second tribander inside the top guys.  In
particular, I'm attracted by the relatively lower elasticity compared with
Phillystran.

A couple of years ago, W3LPL, K3MM and some others bought a batch from
Polygon, which is fine, except that the minimum purchase size there was
very large relative to my needs.  I understand that there are a number of
manufacturers who make similar pultrusions.  Has anyone had direct
experience with one that is willing to sell material of the right
specification in smaller quantities (ideally, 500 foot minimum)?
Alternatively, are there others, in the PVRC/FRC area, who would like to
split a purchase with me, whether from Polygon or elsewhere?

73,  Pete N4ZR
Loud is good