[TowerTalk] Guying questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guying questions
From: biskit@snip.net (Tom H)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 10:06:38 -0400

Hi Mike
 Gee, I asked the 4 point question about 2 weeks ago, and got a great number
of excellent responses.  If you go back in the archives (March and April)
you can read what everybody wrote to me.  In fact, I'll send you what the
list members sent to me directly.  Look for it this afternoon.  As far as
elevated guys, you again can find it in the archives (I think February).
For my installation, I just picked up 3 pieces of 3"x10' rigid conduitwhich
I plan to sink 4' into the ground.  I would also recommend either screwing a
floor flange or something else on the bottom of the pipe to keep it from
pulling out from the concrete base.  Another good material is an I-beam with
the end cut on a 45 facing the tower.  I purchased my stuff at a local
surplus yard here in S. Jersey.

7 3,
Tom K3GM