[TowerTalk] Electric Wench Source?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Electric Wench Source?
From: Jim White, K4OJ" <k4oj@ij.net (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 20:34:35 -0400
.the coolest thing I ever saw was the drum rope lift that a pro installer
used to lift the sections of the rear 55G tower at my folks place...what a
cool thing...it was manufactured by the
Braden Winch Company....if I hit lotto I am buying one fer sure...

The tower guy had it in the back of his pickup truck....it ran off of 110V
and he had a variac on it...he was on top of the tower, I through a double
pole switch on the motor (up/down) and spun the variac...WC4E (plus passing
through hams K9PG and K9NW) would hook the rope onto   the section...I would
run the motor enough to get the bottom about four or five feet off the
ground, then stop it....the boys would scrub out the insides of the lower
legs with a rag wrapped around a towel, and W1CW would swab the insides of
the bottom of the legs with anti-seize compound and off it went...not
backing up a car/truck/lawnmower...nothin'....Santa did not deliver in the
two Christmases since then and as such I now believe in the Great Orange.

Awesome

73,

Jim, K4OJ
k4oj@ij.net

Florida QSO Party 1999 is April 24 & 25...don't miss it!

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP
website@:

http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm

"Consider the fact that you can buy an entire washing machine for less than
the price of the heaviest antenna rotators." W6NL

Proud member of the Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:

http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm