[TowerTalk] Re:Klien cable puller

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re:Klien cable puller
From: w3svj@juno.com (N. S. FIRESTONE)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 09:19:18 -0400
Be very careful when using that cable puller or others like it. It is
designed for pulling wire via a cable through conduit etc. It is not made
to support a live load. The thing does sort of look like a lamb chop. It
grabs the pulling cable through a movable open side. As long as there is
tension it will hold the pulling cable but if the line goes slack it can
and usually does just fall off of the pulling cable, that's why we use
it. It makes for quick connect/disconnect in a wire pulling job where
there is no concern of the wire pulling back through the conduit. You
could easily be stuck with the tower end of a guy wire on the ground and
the "lamb chop" hanging down the tower gripping nothing. Use that device
only with a safety back up incase it should let loose. That sort of
defeats the whole idea though. I think, as suggested, "real" guy wire
attachments would be more appropriate for your job even though it would
take more time.

73 de Nate, W3SVJ, in Pittsburgh where it's not so smokey anymore.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]