[TowerTalk] Lightning protection for a vertical antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection for a vertical antenna
From: SBElektronik@noc.alphanet.ro (SB Elektronik)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:12:10 +0300
Hi dear hams,

I have an FT-920, grounded to a ground system below 4 ohms. Intend to use it
with an elevated HF-9V Butternut vertical, with counterpoise kit. The whole
antenna assembly will so be isolated from ground. What kind of solutions can I
use to protect my equipment from static buildup and lightnings?

And of course I don't want to alter the 50 ohm feedline impedance.

Thanks for any advices.

73's from Zoli / YO5CRQ