[TowerTalk] Concrete Base Experts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Concrete Base Experts
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 10:58:03 EDT
In a message dated 99-04-12 08:28:27 EDT, w4an@contesting.com writes:

> I sunk the Rohn in to the ground.  Now I need to use a pier pin with the
>  new tower.  I'm wondering if it is safe for me to cut the Rohn-45 off and
>  pour a slab over the top of the current base for use on the new tower?  I
>  could use part of the 45 base as rebar for the new concrete.

      Sure - just get your hand grinder and chop off the Rohn steel.

      Then go to your rental yard and get a drill capable of concrete
drilling. They'll sell you the bits too - they'll drill through rebar. Drill
it deep enough, blow out the chips and dust and then epoxy in your pier pin.
Done.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC