[TowerTalk] sunnyvale tower procedures?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] sunnyvale tower procedures?
From: gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU (George T. Daughters)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 13:24:45 +0008

Hi all,

I'm strongly considering putting up a new tower.  I live in
Sunnyvale, California.  I have a tower up now (only 30 feet) that's
been there for 30 years, and I'm thinking about 55 feet of crank-up.

I went to the planning/zoning/permit office, and they told me I would
need a permit, but that 55 feet or under was an easy one to get, if I
submitted the proper drawings, specs, etc.  all of which I'm happy to
do.  But...

Somewhere I read/heard that Sunnyvale gave some sort of special
treatment to amateur radio towers.  (Was it no permit needed, or
what?)  Can anyone e-mail me with any first-hand knowledge?

73,
George T. Daughters, K6GT