[TowerTalk] TH11DX vs PRO 67C

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH11DX vs PRO 67C
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 11:07:24 EDT
In a message dated 99-04-18 00:03:09 EDT, n4lt@VoyagerOnline.net writes:

> The two I am currently considering are a Hy-Gain TH11DX and a
>  Mosley PRO 67C. The TH11DX seems to get good reviews but the additional
>  bands covered by the PRO, even realizing that the 30 and 40 meter
>  capabilities will be utilized at a less than ideal height, sure are
>  appealing.

      Well, my first suggestion is to get a copy of N0AX's and my report "HF
Tribander Performance -- Test Methods & Results". We tested on-the-air, among
others, the TH11DX and two Mosleys - the TA-33 and a PRO 77. The Mosleys
underperformed the other antennas (PRO 57 - 20M gain - .96 dB). The TH11,
OTOH, is a pretty good antenna.

      The report is 60 pages of interesting reading including our protocol,
data sets and results. It's $15 from Champion Radio Products -
www.championradio.com or 888-833-3104.

      BTW, we ran Part 2 of our test yesterday with a PRO-57, CC X-9 and F12
C-31XR. We will be presenting the updated results at Tim, K3LR's Antenna
Forum at Dayton. The new report will also be available there.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Champion Radio Products