[TowerTalk] I just gotta brag on these guys...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] I just gotta brag on these guys...
From: n0ss@socket.net (Tom Hammond)
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 19:37:30 -0500
Hi guys:

I've been reading all the grief some folks have been having with
trying to get antenna manufacturers to respond to their problems
in a timely manner... well, HEAR THIS...

Thursday, April 15th, I took delivery of a new Bencher SkyHawk
tribander... REALLY(!) NICE antenna!!!

Bright and early Friday morning (about 6 a.m.) found me cross-
legged on the front hall floor, assembling elements and boom
pieces... fun job... KILLER on my back...

About 10 a.m., I was just starting to assemble the boom of the
antenna when I found that the first boom section had a small
crease in it, just deep enough to prevent me from being able
to telescope in the first boom splice/strengthener.

I called Bencher and spoke with "Michael" who assured that he'd
take care of the problem boom section as soon as possible.  I
hung up the phone and proceded to complete as much of the rest
of the assembly as possible, given that the end of the boom
was gonna have to be replaced.  I figgered that I'd receive the
replacement boom piece in a few days, so I set everything aside
and went on to the next project.

Saturday morning came bright and sunny and at 9:30 a.m. I was
absolutely taken to see the UPS truck drive up with my new
boom section... marked "SATURDAY DELIVERY"...!!!

Now THAT'S WHAT I CALL SERVICE!!!  Too bad so many of the other
vendors can't/won't do as well.  It's not difficult to tell
who I'm gonna go to the NEXT time I want to buy another antenna!

By the way, the design and construction of the SkyHawk is heads
and shoulders above that of my current, venerable, TH-6DXX.

73 to all, and again, my sincere thanks to the folks at Bencher.

73 - Tom Hammond   N0SS