[TowerTalk] 1/4" Guy grip ratings

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 1/4" Guy grip ratings
From: n1lo@hotmail.com (Mark, N1LO)
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 15:44:32 PDT
Greetings,
 I recently compared some 1/4" grips that I have on hand and noticed
that they don't match. Both are from Preformed Line Products, and are
for 1/4" EHS.
 On the tiny little tags, one is named Guy Grip dead-end, and the
other is a Big Grip dead-end.
 Mechanically, the "guy grip" has 4 strands per side, for a total of
8 tensile elements, and has a single set of yellow paint marks. The
"big grip" has 5 strands per side, for a total of 10, it is 2 inches
longer, and has two sets of yellow paint marks.
 Does anyone know the differences in the manufacturer's rating and
applications for these two grips?

 Thanks,

--...MARK_N1LO...--
 Gloucester, VA