[TowerTalk] Securing cables to trees

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Securing cables to trees
From: spelunk.sueno@cwix.com (spelunk.sueno)
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 20:30:26 -0400
TT:

     I've started using lengths of old garden hose cut to wrap most of the
way around the tree trunk, branch, etc.  (Got this idea from seeing saplings
supported by guy wires through hose for the first 3-4 years after planting.)
Any support line (for my loop, EWEs, etc.) gets threaded through the hose
once before it's tied off onto the live part of the line.  Tree bark won't
grow over the hose and the excess line gets taken up over the years as the
tree trunk/limb grows in diameter.  Just come back every year or so and
loosen the line a little if needed.

Gene Smar  AD3F
spelunk.sueno@cwix.com