[TowerTalk] A Different Take On Guy Wires?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] A Different Take On Guy Wires?
From: k2av@qsl.net (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 16:44:52 GMT
MAA23504
Sender: owner-towertalk@contesting.com

Actually, mostly based on the usual friendly barbs from Pete (N4ZR), I
set up a model for this problem last night and am in process of
running through various guy configurations underneath a C31XR at 65
feet. This is tedious work. (We need somewhere to permanently post
these results other than the archive ... this question just keeps
coming up.)

Thus far, the worst case discovered (quite some number of common guy
configurations left to go) on 20 meters with the guy starting down 20
feet has .3 amps of current in the guy with full legal power on the
beam, reduces the deep notches in the f/b by 8 db, and reduces the
cross-polarization rejection by over 10 db. All this without any
normally measurable change in forward gain, impedance, or forward
pattern. Stay tuned (Pete ain't gonna let me put this one down without
finishing the paperwork...).

73.

On Tue, 4 May 1999 12:04:43 -0400, you wrote:
... snip ...

>I need to get a new program still trying to learn with early K6STI MN and
>YO releases, computers are not my best area of comfort.
>So, getting back to the original 60' of 45G where would be the best
>location for a single uninsulated guy? This would attach at between the
>40-45' level and be in the 60-80 % of height at the anchor point.
>The antenna will be a 10-15-20M only tribander.
>
>Any help appreciated.

... snip ...
73, Guy
--. .-..