[TowerTalk] Silly Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Silly Question
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike Nash, ND6A)
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 19:58:14 -0700
In looking through some catalogs yesterday I ran across some specs for
different cables, turnbuckles, and other Tim Taylor type aparatuses. I
found something Very interesting.

3/16" EHS Cable 3990 lb. breaking strength. We all knew that...RIGHT???

3/8" x 6" drop forged turnbuckles- 1200 lb. Breaking strength!!!

Am I missing something here?
Why would we be using a device to attach our guy wires with only 1/4 the
breaking strength of the wire???
If this is all true, then that means no matter how tough, or sturdy, or
whatever, your guy anchors are, the turnbuckle is still the weak link in
the system.

Someone please help me understand this.
Mike...ND6A