[TowerTalk] Tower proximity alarms

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower proximity alarms
From: jlangdon@outer.net (John Langdon)
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 07:04:39 -0500
I remember reading about a system that was designed for accident prevention
as a primary goal and liability reduction as a secondary goal.  I think it
was installed on pools that were used for some manufacturing process but
looked like swimming holes to kids.  At any rate, there were motion
detectors that drove floodlights to come on, but also a recorded
announcement saying "danger do not enter" in several languages and a video
camera to capture it all.  I think the idea was to warn them off, and if
that failed, to have a record that they were adequately warned and if
vandalism occurred,  a record for who did it.  Might be overkill for ham
installations, but with "web cam" type technology out there, it might not
be so hard to do.

I have fences around the tower and guy points at my remote site, but I
would like to have an even more secure feeling.

73 John N5CQ