[TowerTalk] kt34xa rebuild - cleaning inside clamps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] kt34xa rebuild - cleaning inside clamps
From: k2kv@reallybig.com (Jeff Singer)
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 11:48:07 -0400
Hi Pete,

We use several grades of steel wool and some small wire brushes on the KLMs.
It can take some work, depending upon how bad the oxidation is, but the job
gets done nicely. We loosen, remove, clean and refit most parts as we get to
them, rather than disassembling the whole thing entirely (who wants to build
'em twice??).

73/Jeff K2KV