[TowerTalk] tower value

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower value
From: n4vhk@summitschool.com (Henry Heidtmann)
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 10:52:52 -0400
The local radio club here has a 90' freestanding tower that they need to
move (old cell tower) They're looking to put a value on it. It has been
down on the ground for 4 years, no ID on it- It is a tapered tower, 20'
sections, 7' at the base, no base plate (would have to be dropped in the
concrete, or make a base.) THEY SAY there is no rust. I have not seen
the thing.
They've asked me for assistance in assigning a value as it needs to be
out of this guys yard in 2 weeks. Any tower gurus have a rough estimate
of quick sale value? $150-$300? Less?
Email direct is fine, especially for any other questions you may have.
Location is the southern Winston-Salem, NC.
See you in the suites- 5 of us flying up tomorrow! (bring rain gear for
Friday???)
73,
Henry Heidtmann, N4VHK
W4WS Contest Crew