[TowerTalk] cable entry to shack

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] cable entry to shack
From: boerkamp@nortelnetworks.com (Ted Boerkamp)
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 10:24:24 -0400
Hello to all...my questions concern how best to run your feedlines through
the outside wall of the house into the shack...my situation now is that my
shack is located in the basement....i have a length of 2 in pvc running from
the base of the tower to the house (I presently have 2 runs of rg213 and a
rotor control cable inside the pvc)...the opening in my outside wall is about
1 - 2 ft up from ground level next to a small basement window...therefore,
as the pvc approaches the house, it gradually slopes upward towards the hole
in the outside wall....this really doesnt look too good and obviously anyone
walking nearby has to step over this pvc (not to mention cutting the grass
around this is a pain)...the pvc basically stops at the hole in the wall and the

cables continue through the wall inside....does anyone have any suggestions
as to how i could clean this up a bit??? the opening in the wall is at the side
of the house so the pvc approaches the side of the house and then bends
gradually in a 90 deg. turn to the hole in the wall. I am also about to replace
a run of the rg213 with 75 ohm catv cable....do i let the catv enter the shack
before i put a more flexible "jumper" piece on it, or make the transition to
flexible cable outside??? Also...all i did was drill the hole through the
wall...
I have not put anything in the way of pvc through the opening before i fed
the cables through....should I be changing this situation?? I would really like
to get some ideas as to how everyone has handled these situations themselves.
Thank you  es best 73     Ted VE3SS