[TowerTalk] Rhombic for Field Day

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rhombic for Field Day
From: ezed@aloha.net (Edward Pagaduan)
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 21:20:33 -1000 (HST)
Hi Everyone,
I don't know if this message is appropriate for this group but I am thinking
of putting up a nonresonant rhombic antenna for field day next month.  I'm
looking for a cheap source of noninductive 800 ohm 500 watt resistors or a
combination.  My local ham club might have access to a few acres next field
day.  Have already studied the ARRL antenna book's rhombic antenna section.
In a quandry if the power burned up in the terminating resistor of a
nonresonant rhombic would otherwise be radiated in a resonant (no
terminating resistor) rhombic.  We'll be also working Asia and the rest of
the Pacific in that case, from Hawaii.  Or would I be better off with a beam
for (maybe 80?) and 20 meters?
We're planning to hold the corners up with 40 ft AB155 military surplus masts.

Ed