[TowerTalk] More KT 34XA problems

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] More KT 34XA problems
From: thompson@mindspring.com (thompson@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 16:45:11 -0400
The KT 34 XA has been sitting just above the roof for two months now after
completing the re-capping.   SWR is below 1.3 on 20 and 10 and 2:1 on 15.
Never could get 15 below 2:1 and sigs are often louder with the 40 meter
beam 9 feet above.  Looks like interaction.

But I have been working DX with no problem on 40, 20, 17, 15, 12, and 10 so
I decided to plan on cranking it all back up for this year.   On Thursday we
had the first rain fall in three months (over an inch) and I noticed the SWR
went up from 1.3 to nearly 3:1 on 10 and SWR crept up some on 15.  As soon
as the WX dried up the SWR went back down.   Does anyone know how to keep
the water out of the caps on 10?   I have the drain holes down as per the
manual and have never had this problem before.

Dave K4JRB