[TowerTalk] 80-meter vertical question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80-meter vertical question
From: ve3bbh@interlog.com (Paul Hicks, VE3BBH / VE3ZT)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 06:35:32 -0400
I would like to install an 80 meter 1/4 wave vertical, using elevated
radials, back in the bush behind my house. Remembering the difficulty I
encountered installing a 7 mHz version (raising the 33 feet of aluminum
tubing by myself up through the trees and bush and bending same), I wonder
if anyone knows of a source for aluminum tubing, about 6 feet in length,
swagged on both ends. I'm thinking of pushing the tubing straight up,
adding manageable lengths from the bottom until I hit the 66-foot range. A
dx-pedition type vertical could be what I'm looking for, but have not found
any advertised as yet. Any commercial antenna companies selling something
like this? Any other suggestions?

Regards, Paul.
VE3ZT