[TowerTalk] US Tower HDX-572MDL

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower HDX-572MDL
From: k5gs@ibm.net (Gene S.)
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 18:01:39 -0600

I'm working with an architect and a builder in the design and construction
of a new home.
The builder will be doing the tower base along with the home's foundation,
at least that's
the plan. We're applying for all the building permits at the same time.

The developer agreed to write a separate set of covenants, for this one lot
in the filing,
which permits the tower and antenna. Working with the developer, we
mutually agreed on
both house and tower placement on the lot.

The base of the tower will be 50 feet from the side home, and about 120
feet from the
home's main electrical panel, which will be on the extreme opposite side of
the house.

My current thinking is a US Tower HDX-572MDL.

Can someone with this tower please tell me the following:

1.  What is the voltage / current rating of this tower's motor?  It's not
specified
in the catalog!

We're working on the electrical / lighting requirements of the home and I'd
like to have the specs added to the plans, along with a panel on the
tower side of the house.

2.  I'm planning to run the AC power and RF coax cables to the tower
underground.  Should they be run in the same pipe, or should I plan 2
pipes,  one for RF and the other for AC power?

3. What's the best pipe to use?  Solid PVC  or  perforated pipe?  I'm
thinking perf on the bottom for drainage of condensation. I've seen
references to both on this reflector,  but don't recall a consensus.

Thanks,

Gene Spinelli, K5GS