[TowerTalk] Powering rotator w/ battery - field day

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Powering rotator w/ battery - field day
From: aa2gs@isoc.net (Russ Connors)
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:05:22 -0400
I'm going to run Field Day from home w/ only batteries and generator
(during the day) .

I am concerned about power requirements of the rotator (HAM IV w/ 200 ft
of wire). I have a 250W inverter, but don't think this is big enough to
handle the job. I'm thinking I want to use the battery powered rotor at
night when I don't want the noisy generator running. Is the 250W
inverter hooked up to deep cycle batteries going to work?