[TowerTalk] Installed a new XM240

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Installed a new XM240
From: earlham@radiks.net (Iowaguy)
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 16:25:42 -0500
Hi crew:

I installed a new Cushcraft XM240 over the weekend, replacing a Mosley S403
(3 short elements on 40) with which I have a host of mechanical problems
over the past 24 months..  Several of you had commented in a thread about a
month ago regarding XM240 interaction on 15 meters with tribanders of
various flavors.

My XM240 is top mounted @ 130' on my rotating tower.  I have a 3 high stack
of TH7s at 40/80/120'.  . . so there is 10' between the XM240 and the top
TH7.  While I have not yet tried looking at 15 meter SWR while
shorting/unshorting the 40 meter feedline, the 15 meter SWR is right where
it was when the Mosley was in place.  In other words, nothing has changed.

Several of you asked that I post a follow up when I got the new antenna in
place.   BTW, the XM240 looks like a nice antenna.  Hopefully, it will hold
up OK.

73. . . Dave
W0FLS