[TowerTalk] Line noise clarification

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Line noise clarification
From: pbarkey@gw.bsu.edu (Patrick Barkey)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 10:05:31 -0500
Thanks to many for the line noise advice.

One point of clarification might help here.  My power company is
very aware of RFI.  It has a full time RFI person, who I have gotten
to know and has quite a bit of equipment and experience.  The
RFI person is very friendly and helpful.  And, yes, he's a ham.

The problem is that the business organization of the power
company rewards managers who skimp on maintenance of any
sort.  (I know.  I used to work for the company).

The work orders keep getting written by the RFI guy, and the line
crews just ignore them.

This is the cycle that I am trying to break.

   - Pat
     N9RV