[TowerTalk] Measured gain difference due to Pattern Differences

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Measured gain difference due to Pattern Differences
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 12:12:50 -0400
Hi Eric,

That was a lot of work.

How did you model the trees, wires, cables, trucks, cars, busses,
towers, poles, and other things in your program?

Also, did you model the accuracy of a spectrum analyzer used on
a 10 dB log scale to see if it really can resolve fractional dB
differences, and a Bird meter used to read true power and SWR
operated at 1/4 scale?

With that in mind, what does all that work prove other than in a
perfect situation we never have in the real world NEC is close for
high horizontal antennas?

I can't see anything related to what was discussed.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com