[TowerTalk] Wilson Systems MT-61B

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wilson Systems MT-61B
From: k0hb@arrl.org" <k0hb@arrl.org (K0HB - Hans)
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 17:48:31 +0100
I've just acquired a used "Wilson Systems" MT-61B tubular
telescoping tower.  I suspect (but don't know for sure) that
this is now the US Tower model MA-550.

Before putting this heavy thing in the air, I'd like to
replace the cable (the cable still 'looks' good, but it's
probably 15+ years old).

Some questions --

  1) Does anyone know if this really is now the MA-550?
  2) If so, is there a 'kit' to replace the cable from
     US Tower?
  3) Has anyone ever tackled this cable replacement job -
     Are there any tricks I should know about?
  4) This unit has the base-mounted rotator option.  Will
     my current Ham-II turn this thing?

Any other experience-based hints will be appreciated.

73, de Hans, K0HB