[TowerTalk] feeding cables into the shack

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] feeding cables into the shack
From: boerkamp@nortelnetworks.com (Ted Boerkamp)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:24:36 -0400
Hello everyone.....I am sure that this topic has been touched upon before but
my search through the archives was not fruitful (I probably didnt go back far
enough!!). However, I am looking for ideas in regards to feeding my coaxes
and control cables into my shack and providing some kind of quick dis-connect
method in case of lightening. I presently have my cables going through a piece
of 2 in. pvc I installed in the outside wall of my house. They proceed directly
to their respective equipment locations. Whenever a storm comes by, I have to
unscrew these cables from the back of the gear (which can be a pain in the
butt!!). I cannot mount a plate in the window with bulkhead connectors
(window doesnt allow for that). For the purposes of the rotor cable, I figured
on using cinch jones plugs to quick disconnect.
So I thought I would ask the general towertalk population how they handle
the same situation. If there are archives existing on this, I  apologize for
re-hashing an old topic and I would appreciate knowing where I can
find them. Thank you in advance and I look forward to seeing
the replies....    73  Ted VE3SS