[TowerTalk] Portable Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Portable Towers
From: Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 07:43:17 -0400
U.S. Tower makes trailer-mounted towers and Tri-Ex used to. I think Force 12
bought the Tri-Ex line.

Our club fabricated a trailer-mounted tower using a U.S. Tower MA-40 with
tiltover fixture. We bought a small trailer and had a welding shop attach
the tower, tiltover fixture and swinging side supports to it. The side
supports have short leveling jacks. Usually we tow it around with an
ambulance borrowed from the local Red Cross. It works very well, although
the side supports are really only designed to work on hard ground or a
parking lot. Some of us would have preferred a setup that could be used on
softer or less level ground.

73, Dick WC1M