[TowerTalk] Ship-to-Shore CW Stations Closures

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ship-to-Shore CW Stations Closures
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 18:19:52 -0500
This is not directly Contest/Tower-related, but I thought the
subject was compelling enough to warrant the off-topic cross
posting (otherwise, please hit DELETE now and accept my apology).

This evening, National Public Radio carried a report on the
closure of the last four Ship-to-Shore CW stations in the U.S.

Pop Quiz:  What is the significance of the sound of
feet-pounding, drum beating, organ playing at sports events that
goes like this:

boom boom boom-boom-boom   boom-boom-boom boom boom

The answer comes from CW and is below my signature.

The RealAudio version of the report (about 7.5 minutes in length)
may be found on NPR's website sometime tomorrow at:

http://programs.npr.org/npr2/PrgDisp.cfm?PrgDate=07/14/1999&PrgID
=2

A better descriptive paragrah than what I wrote is there now.

73,
Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u

By the way
boom boom boom-boom-boom   boom-boom-boom boom boom
is