[TowerTalk] connector seal

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] connector seal
From: tleaf@hotmail.com (Ted Leaf)
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 02:48:08 PDT
Hi Guys.

I agree with Jerry KRR2AK: 3M Scotch 130C Linerless rubber splicing tape
#00075 (1.5"x30' @ $9.91).  I have been using it for years.

Several years ago, I recommend this method on TT.

But I do two things differently:  I wrap two (2) layers of the rubber
tape--the second going in the opposite direction of the first.

And I start the the second wrap at the bottom and go upward.  That way the
the water runs over the groves and not into the groves.  This also applies
to the the outer plastic tape (33or88) wrap.

So if you start your fist wrap at the top, as Jerry says, you will be
correct on the second.

73, Aloha
Ted Leaf, K6HI
Kona, Hawaii