[TowerTalk] The old "Small Beam" series

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] The old "Small Beam" series
From: cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu (L. B. Cebik)
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:53:52 -0400 (EDT)
I get requests for parts of the "Modeling and Understanding Small Beams"
that appeared between 1995 and 97 in Communications Quarterly.  As well, a
number of the notes at the site are updates on or extensions of articles
in that 8-part series.  So I scanned all 160 pages of them and made the
best .GIFs I could under limited circumstances.  THey are now at the site.

Be forewarned that .GIFing an 8.5x11 inch page does not yield high
resolution copy without massive file sizes per page.  I kept the width
under 640 pixels wide to fit large print screens.  The footnotes will
likely be almost unreadable--and some absolutely so--since they are in 6
or 7 point type.  And thin lines on drawings--whether in lettering or
graphic entries--may require consider gestalting.  However, most of the
words and numbers are there in decent order.  Download time is very slow,
because even at 16 "color" (gray scale), some pages exceed 60 kB.

But if they will do you any good, they are there, with a main index linked
from the basic page.  I hope that, despite their roughness, they may be
a little useful.  I hope someday to .PDF the lot.

-73-

LB, W4RNL

L. B. Cebik, W4RNL         /\  /\     *   /  /    /    (Off)(423) 974-7215
1434 High Mesa Drive      /  \/  \/\     ----/\---     (Hm) (423) 938-6335
Knoxville, Tennessee     /\   \   \ \   /  / || /      (FAX)(423) 974-3509
37938-4443     USA      /  \   \   \ \       ||              cebik@utk.edu