[TowerTalk] Element taper in beam antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Element taper in beam antennas
From: Thomas@cybrzn.com" <Thomas@cybrzn.com (Tom Hellem)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 18:07:42 -0700
Gentlemen:
Am wondering to what degree element taper in a yagi affects the operating
parameters of the antenna. Specifically, if I had two beams with identical
element lengths and spacings but they differed slightly in diameter or in
the amount of tapering, would I see any difference in resonant frequency or
bandwidth?
The beams I am considering would be on the order of a small tribander, with
full size elements, no traps.
Thanks a bunch for any input you may have.
Tom Hellem
K0SN
Porterfield, WI