[TowerTalk] TH7 Advice Sought

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH7 Advice Sought
From: n2tk@idsi.net (Tony kazmakites)
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 09:25:23 -0400
I used to have weird swr problems with the original BN-87 balun. Replaced it
with the BN-4000B balun and things settled down.
Also changed dimensions on the driven elements per Roger Cox.
- RDE2 from 31" to 33"
- FDE2 from 40" to 43"

Resonance is now 14.120  1.1:1
21.270 1.1:1
28.840 1.1:1
27.610 1.3:1

I have not figured out yet why the low resonance on 10m is so low. I have
replaced all the 10m traps, just in case, but no change. Different length
cables don't help. SWR doesn't change when rotating the antennas. Next
closest antenna is an A3WS which is 11' above the TH7. Took it down and
nothing changed. Every joint has been cleaned. The antenna seems to work
okay, so I am letting it be.

N2TK
Tony