[TowerTalk] feeding a Rohn45 rotating tower.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] feeding a Rohn45 rotating tower.
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 18:53:49 -0500
Hi Larry,

Been there, done that, got the "T" shirt!
I can empithize with your frustration. If you can, borrow a copy of
ON4UN's
new book, "Low Band DX'ing." It will make you very familiar with what
it is
you are attempting to do.

It is very hard to sit out here and visulize what you have. I will
only tell you what
I would do if I was planning the project.

You have too many moving parts, IMHO, to consider shunt feeding. Just
hang
a resonant piece of copperweld from the top set of guys near , the
tower, with
a pully and rope. put in all the ground radials you can, or you can
elevate the
feed point a few feet and use 2 or more elevated radials. If you elect
elevated,
let me know and I'll try to help furthur, or you can get the same info
from the book.
When you get this playing, you might want to add three more wires and
make a
four-square around the tower.

BTW, the ground rods are impressive and really good engineering on
your part,
but they are of little use for RF purposes, only to take the lightning
hits.

Keep us posted on your progress.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC