[TowerTalk] Re:Connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re:Connectors
From: Earl_Dery@mindlink.bc.ca (Earl Dery)
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 21:04:18 -0700
I have to agree with Mauri, "N" connectors in my opinion are superior in
most ways to PL239's.
One person alluded to the PL239 being a stonger connector than an "N"
connector I humbly but emphatically disagree, when installed properly you
could pull yourself up on the RG-213 cable I put an "N" connector on. That
was proven when in my younger Tech days some old timer clowns would try to
pull my connections apart, something to this day I can't understand.
When they wrapped with 3-M 133 and then a wrap or two of 3-M 88 for outside
use you can check the connections 10,15 or 20 years later and they stay
bright and shiny.
However I believe the PL239 VERS "N" connector borders on "Religious Wars",
ones personal experience puts one on one side or the other.
Both types of connectors take skill and practice to install properly, each
has a place in our world.

73 Earl VE7IN