[TowerTalk] from w4bsg

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] from w4bsg
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 09:20:27 -0400
> >The injectors reach over 1000 volts on mine during field collapse,
> >they drive my scope off scale.
>
> Any chance of 'clamping' them with diodes, just as we do across
> relay coils in radios?
>
> 73 - Tom Hammond   N0SS

I thought about that, but it scares me a bit. When you clamp an
inductor, the field collapses slower. That's means the injector
would stay open longer (just like a relay stays latched longer with a
diode across it, several times longer than normal). I don't know if
the EFI microprocessor will correct for that or not

Anyway, the noise is absolutely radiation from injector wiring in the
Power Stroke Diesels.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com