[TowerTalk] Pinouts for tailtwister connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pinouts for tailtwister connectors
From: goodnews@mail.cmedic.net (Donald E. Stiles)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 13:16:13 -0400
Rus.

My schematic shows C2 to be a 130 - 156 MFD @ 50 VAC between pins 4 & 8.  Not
being too versed with this rotor yet as I am just getting mine installed also.
There have been recent comments on this site regarding which pins the capacitor
should go across.  I'm gone for the next week or so, and I'll send you a copy of
the manual I have.

Pins 1 & 2 carry the most current and should be the largest of the wires,  Black
and White respectfully.  The cap on the control box side and the tower side of
the wiring goes between #4 (blue) and #8 (red) as it is in the rotor control box
circuit.  I will have almost 150' of wire and will attach the cap in, at or near
the rotor.  I'd like to have a couple of extra wires up there for other
purposes.  I hope this is correct and ask that anyone who reads can verify my
deductions.

73 de n8csp