[TowerTalk] Beam tunning procedure..

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beam tunning procedure..
From: georgemain@worldnet.att.net (GeorgeM)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 21:44:37 -0400
    Hello Towertalkians,

    I have a quick question, maybe somebody over there can help me:

    I am in the process of installing  up on my tower an A4S beam from
Cushcraft.
    I did all the assembly at the ground level, and I tune it (adjust the
elements), for center of the bands, as Cushcraft instructions indicate.
    To verify the accuracy of the resonance curve, I pointed it vertical,
with the reflector being the closest element to the ground (abt 4 feet), and
took some readings, on all 3 bands, with an AEA antenna analyzer.

    The result is that the resonance curve is shifted up (like for SSB
tuning), on all bands!!

    My question is, if this is a normal effect generated by the proximity of
the ground, and once in the air resonance will shift down, or I should trim
it for CW portion to get a final CENTER of the bands result????

    Any opinion will be appreciated!

    Many thanks, best 73s,
                                                    George  N2GM