[TowerTalk] tribander and 6M Yagi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] tribander and 6M Yagi
From: dick@libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 17:25:39 -0700
>I am soliciting comments and advice.  I have an ATB34 tribander at 50 ft,
>and plan to add a  3 element, 6M Yagi above it. I have about  5 ft of mast
>to play with, above the Tribander. I could move the tribander down about a
>foot, if it would help. ( the ATB34 is the early A4S)
>
>What orientation and spacing will be the best starting place?  How well do
>you think it will work?  Other comments?

Over the past two days there have been questions regarding triband vs.
six meter and triband vs. shorty-forty spacing.  I'll see if I can
address both questions, since I have all three of these antennas in the
same stack.  I'm not an engineer, however, so all I can offer is
empirical evidence.

I am using 12-foot spacing between the tribander (TH-11, actually) and
the shorty forty (40-2CD), with the six meter beam (M2 6M7) exactly
between them, six feet above the tribander.  All booms are aligned the
same and, for me, the combination works beautifully!  Any interaction
between the three is not large enough for me to measure.

Pictures can be seen at http://www.qsl.net/w6old/antenna.html

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/cvrc/