[TowerTalk] Bob-Tail Curtain Questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bob-Tail Curtain Questions
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 18:35:27 -0500
I want to construct a Bob-Tail curtain for 80 meters.
I have read ON4UN and all the other books I could get my hands on,
and many questions are still unanswered.

1. What should the radial system (optimum) under this thing look like?
    Sixty radials in a spoke pattern under each of the vertical sections,
    or just one set under the center vertical section? Or_____?

2. What is the optimum height above ground for the bottom of the three
     vertical sections?

3. If you have one of these antennas, please share your experiences,
    including lengths for the 80 meter DX window.

Many thanks in advance!

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC