[TowerTalk] Guy alignment - friendly wager

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy alignment - friendly wager
From: AD7L@aol.com (AD7L@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 00:55:06 EDT
I too use the K5NA method, with one improvement.  If you have a mast, place
it in the tower section.  Go ahead and install the thrust bearing and the
rotor plate/rotor to ensure that the mast is centered in the tower section.
Then when you stand back and line up the fore leg in the middle of the two
rear legs, you can actually place the fore leg right in the middle of the
mast.  Depending on your eyesight, binoculars can be helpful.  Also, the
position of the sun can help you see the mast better so that you have an
equal amount of mast on either side of the fore leg.  I suppose you could use
a piece of PVC or some other inexpensive material for an "alignment" mast
that you could paint dayglow orange, etc.

Ron  AD7L