[TowerTalk] RE: 80 meter 4 square array notes from N0AH

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: 80 meter 4 square array notes from N0AH
From: earlham@radiks.net (Iowaguy)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 11:56:55 -0500
My compliments to Paul on a very nicely written and informative article.
Great job Paul!

Two years ago I put an 80 mtr 4 square here using the K8UR configuration
("Lazy H", or "bent dipole") shown in ON4UN's book with the wires hung off
the 120' guy ring on my rotating tower.  I did find that the mutual coupling
of the antennas in this configuration did NOT raise the resonant frequency
of the array (as compared to a single element)
as the classic vertical configuration does.  I discussed this at some length
with Jim at Comtek (who was very helpful).  He commented that he had heard
of similar observations from other "K8UR" configuration builders.  So. . .
just  a word of caution. . . don't always plan on the resonant frequency
rising by 100
Khz or so.  It may or may not happen.

73 and good DX to all in the coming lowband season. . . Dave
W0FLS