[TowerTalk] Mast slippage

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast slippage
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 12:14:26 -0500
Hard to imagine, but if there's anyone out there less experienced than me in
this TT game, be careful what you use in your rotator's jaws, and follow the
LXC directive.  The post below sounds like a great idea, and my
understanding is that it would work for the Yaesu rotors.  However, it would
NOT work for a T2X, for example.  Depending on mast diameter, any
significant thickness of "pads" will put the center of rotation off center.
For my mast, 0.071 inch of shim on the rotator body side (fixed side) is
required, so I can't just put anything in there.  I plan to use stainless of
known diameter, and I'll probably pin the mast, per manufacturer's recs.
(I'll let you know when it breaks!)  73

WA9ALS - John
jfleming@shelbynet.net
Tower Project Guestbook http://www.shelbynet.net/~jfleming/towerproject.htm