[TowerTalk] More Rohn questions.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] More Rohn questions.
From: SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 08:35:03 -0400
ALL:

     According to the "Uniform Building Code - 1997", Section 1616,
"Exposure B has terrain with buildings, forest or surface irregularities,
covering at least 20 percent of the ground level area extending 1 mile
(1.61.km) or more from the site.
     "Exposure C has terrain that is flat and generally open, extending 1/2
mile (0.81 km) or more from the site in any full quadrant."
     Exposure D is, to paraphrase, shoreline property that extends inland
1/4 mile or more, and where the basic wind speed is 80 mph or greater.
     BTW, Basic Wind Speed  "is the fastest-mile wind speed associated with
an annual probability of 0.02 measured at a point 33 feet (10 000mm) above
ground for an area having exposure category C",  that is, a flat, open area
where the annual wind exceeds the Basic Wind Speed only 2% of the time.

     Got that?

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F